Chocolate Zucchini Bread! It’s so good you won’t even notice the healthy veggies in the mix. It’s super-moist, super-chocolatey and, with a hint of orange, super-tasty. This quick-bread is, well, super!
Why you’ll love this Chocolate Zucchini Bread:
- This Chocolate Zucchini Bread has a double dose of chocolate goodness; cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips. You know, just to ensure that we have enough chocolate in our lives.
- A hit of fresh orange zest gives this quick-bread a lovely fruity flavor. A drizzle of fresh orange juice glaze creates a sticky, gooey, delicious crust.
- There is a whole pound of zucchini in this recipe.
- This bread requires less oil because of the moisture added by the zucchini.
How to make Chocolate Orange Zucchini Bread
See the recipe card for detailed measurements and instructions.
- Drain the shredded zucchini between layers of paper towels to wick excess moisture from the veggie.
- Spray or butter the pan then line it with a parchment “sling”.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it until the center springs back when lightly pressed.
Chocolate Zucchini bread will keep at room temperature for 3-4 days. Leftovers can be frozen.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Biscuits
- Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Ricotta Pie
- Zucchini Bread with Lemon & Thyme
- Yeasted Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Galette
If you love this recipe as much as I do, I’d really appreciate a 5-star review.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 16 oz zucchini (about 2-3 medium)
- 6 oz mini chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 7 ½ oz all-purpose flour (1 ½ cups)
- 2 oz cocoa powder (½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 8 oz brown sugar (packed, 1 cup)
- 1 ¾ oz vegetable oil (¼ cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 orange
- 2 oz orange juice (¼ cup)
- 2 oz granulated sugar (¼ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Butter a 9×5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper in one direction.
- Use the large holes of a box grater or the large grating disc of a food processor to shred 16 oz zucchini. Spread the zucchini in an even layer on a paper towel and cover with another paper towel. Press to absorb the liquid. Let the zucchini sit while you mix the batter.
- Toss 6 oz mini chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of water to moisten. Sprinkle a teaspoon of all purpose flour over the chips and toss, set aside.
- Combine 7 ½ oz all-purpose flour, 2 oz cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add 8 oz brown sugar to the dry mixture and toss to incorporate.
- In another bowl, whisk together1 ¾ oz vegetable oil and 3 large eggs. Stir the zucchini and finely grated zest of 1 orange into the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs, 45-50 minutes.
- While the bread bakes, combine 2 oz orange juice and 2 oz granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- As soon as the bread comes out of the oven, pour the orange glaze over the loaf. Cool the loaf in the pan for 30 minutes and then turn out onto a cooking rack to cool completely.
- Wrap and store at room temperature until serving. The bread will keep for several days at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.