Margarita Pie!! A crunchy graham cracker crust is filled with tequila-spiked lime custard! Key Lime Pie meets your favorite cocktail. Leave out the liquor for a classic Key Lime Pie.
I’ve mentioned before that I’m not that big on mixed drinks, I’m definitely more of a wine drinker. When I do have a cocktail, it’s almost always a classic Margarita. I love the flavor of tequila and prefer a simple Margarita made with good tequila, fresh lime juice and a little orange liqueur.
For my nephew’s graduation party my sister asked me to make a Key Lime Pie since that’s one of his favorites.
I love anything lime so was happy to make the pie, and figured I’d do something interesting with the recipe so I could post it on the blog.
How to get the right balance for a Margarita Pie.
- I immediately thought that the only thing better than a creamy key lime pie, would be a key lime pie flavored like a classic Margarita.
- The trick was to add enough of the liqueur so the pie tasted like the drink, but not so much that it no longer tasted like a key lime pie.
- If you don’t do alcohol simply eliminate the liqueur for a more classic version of Key Lime Pie.
So, here it is, my Margarita Pie! The flavors were exactly as I wanted on the very first try.
Watch the recipe video to see how to make Margarita Pie.
Now that you’ve made this recipe what should you do with all the extra egg whites? Check out this collection of recipes that use extra whites for some great ideas.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please consider leaving a 5-star review.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 oz graham cracker crumbs (1 ½ cups)
- 2 oz granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- 3 oz unsalted butter (melted)
- 6 large egg yolks
- 28 oz sweetened condensed milk (two 14 oz cans)
- 2 limes (finely grated zest)
- 8 oz fresh lime juice (1 cup (about 6-8 limes))
- 4 oz tequila (½ cup (see note))
- 1 oz Orange Liquer (2 tablespoons)
- 12 oz heavy cream (1 ½ cups)
- 1 oz confectioner’s sugar (¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Combine 8 oz graham cracker crumbs and 2 oz granulated sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle 3 oz unsalted butter (melted) over the crumbs and toss to combine. Press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Make the filling while the crust bakes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 6 large egg yolks, 28 oz sweetened condensed milk, finely grated zest from 2 limes. Whisk in 8 oz fresh lime juice, 4 oz tequila and 1 oz Orange Liquer. Pour the filling into the baked crust.
- Return the pie to the oven and bake until the filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Whip 12 oz heavy cream with 1 oz confectioner’s sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Pipe or spread the cream onto the filling.
- Refrigerate until serving, serve chilled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You might also like: