Today the #BreadBakers are celebrating that harbinger of fall, the pumpkin! If you love Pumpkin Spice Ale you’ll love this twist (sorry!) on the soft-pretzel; Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels with Pumpkin Chipotle Dip.
I’m not sure when exactly Pumpkin Spice Ale became such a big thing, but there’s certainly no denying the popularity of pumpkin spice everything these days. So when I saw the theme for this month’s #BreadBakers event was pumpkin I decided it was time to jump on the Pumpkin Spice bandwagon.
Hmmm…Pumpkin Sweet or Pumpkin Savory?
I used a Pumpkin Spice Ale made by a local craft brewer to make savory Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft pretzels (Nope, haven’t been paid by the brewer – just happened to buy the ale) and spicy Pumpkin Chipotle dipping sauce. Since pumpkin can go either savory or sweet, I could have gone to the sweet-side by adding more sugar, cinnamon and spice to the dough and making a sweet cream cheese dip. But I wanted to make a snack that reflects the flavor of the Pumpkin Spice Ale, which is not sweet. In fact, Pumpkin Spice Ale, or any other beer, would be the perfect drink to go with these pretzels and spicy dip.
Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels are a variation of my Beer Infused Bavarian Soft Pretzels. First of all, I switched out the lager for Pumpkin Spice Ale. Then I replaced the water in the recipe with pumpkin puree. Not only does the puree give the pretzels great flavor, it also imparts a pretty, pale-orange color.
Have you been staying out of the kitchen because it’s too hot in the summer? Well, now is a great time to get baking again. These Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels are the perfect snack for your game-day party or tailgating.
You might also like:
Thanks to Kylee of Kylee Cooks for hosting today’s event. Check out this cornucopia of delicious pumpkin bread recipes…
- Almost Vegan Chocolate and Pumpkin Loaf Cake by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Brown Butter & Pumpkin Seed Scones by Food Above Gold
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Quick Bread by Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts and a Trio of Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hearty Whole Wheat Bread with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Italian Pumpkin Bread by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Lal Bhoplyachya Gharge by Sneha’s Recipe
- Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread by Plated Cravings
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl by A Baker’s House
- Pumpkin Cardamom Buns by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Chocolate Babka by House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Cornbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling by Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Pepita Muffin Tops by A Salad For All Seasons
- Pumpkin Pie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls by Kylee Cooks
- Pumpkin Raisin Scones by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Ricotta Pull Apart Buns by Food Smart Mom
- Pumpkin Sour Cherry Sourdough Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Bread with Kinako by What Smells So Good?
- Pumpkin Spice Swirl Quickbread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Multigrain Pumpkin Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Two Tone Pumpkin Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Sandwich Loaf by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Yeasted Pumpkin Bread by Veena’s Vegnation
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.