If you’ve been looking for the perfect pumpkin bread recipe, look no further. This Honey Pumpkin Bread is lightly sweet, moist, and has just enough spice to highlight, but not overpower, the pumpkin flavor.
Ya know, the whole “pumpkin spice” thing can be a bit much. That’s really a shame because I do love to bake and cook with pumpkin and other winter squash.
So I set out to make my version of a perfect Pumpkin Bread; a loaf that is sweet and moist and definitely tastes like pumpkin.
Why this is THE BEST Pumpkin Bread
- Honey not only adds great flavor, but also helps retain moisture. Thanks to the honey in the recipe, this bread keeps for days.
- There’s just enough spice in the mix to highlight, but not overwhelm, the pumpkin flavor.
- A sprinkle of granulated sugar on top before it goes into the oven creates a delicious crunchy crust.
How to make Honey Pumpkin Bread
See the recipe card for detailed measurements and instructions.
- Whisk together the flour, leavening and spices.
- Combine the oil, eggs and extracts and mix to emulsify the wet ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin puree.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined loaf pan
- Sprinkle the top of the loaf with granulated sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf on a rack before slicing.
Honey Pumpkin Bread will keep at room temperature for 3-4 days. Leftovers can be frozen.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Honey Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Ginger Cookies with Pumpkin Ganache
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Mousse Pie with Brown Sugar Meringue
- Yeasted Pumpkin Bread with Garlic & Sage
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries
If you like this recipe please consider giving it 5 stars!
Honey Pumpkin Bread
- 9 oz all purpose flour (1 2/3 cups)
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 5 oz vegetable oil (2/3 cup)
- 6 oz granulated sugar (2/3 cup)
- 4 oz honey (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 oz canned pumpkin puree (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9″x5″ loaf pan and line the pan with parchment paper (or butter and flour the pan).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Use a hand whisk to combine the ingredients then set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl combine the eggs, oil, sugar, honey, lemon extract and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed until the ingredients are emulsified. Add the pumpkin and mix until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread to even it out. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar over the surface of the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few wet crumbs but no raw dough, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.