Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Tart! You know a dessert that combines those flavors will be decadently delicious. “Tart Michel” is a perfect balance of crisp pastry, rich cheesecake, luscious chocolate and bright, fresh cherries. Why do I call it “Tart Michel”?
If you’re an artist you may paint a portrait of the one you love. If you’re a musician, you might write them a song. Well, I can’t paint or play a musical instrument, but I can bake.
The first time I created this dessert it was for my husband Michel’s birthday. He loved it so much that I dubbed it the “Tart Michel”. Now I’m sharing the recipe with you. Enjoy!
How to make a decadently delicious Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Tart:
- Bake the dough in a 10″ or 12″ tart pan with a removeable bottom.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Do not try to incorporate air. Just get the mixture smooth.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Mix to incorporate the cheese.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the tart shell.
- Smooth to an even layer and bake.
- Slice the cherries in half around the wide side.
- The pit will stay in one half.
- Pry the pit out of the cherry half.
- The cheesecake filling will puff up in the oven but it will settle as it cools.
- Sprinkle the warm tart with chopped chocolate.
- Wait for the chocolate to melt completely.
- Gently spread the melted chocolate to cover the cheesecake filling.
- Arrange the cherry halves onto the melted chocolate.
More Fruit Tart Recipes
- Classic Fresh Fruit Tart
- Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- White Chocolate Blackberry Tart
- Blueberry Cheesecake Tart
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart
More Cheesecake Recipes
- New York Cheesecake
- Peach Cheesecake
- San Sebastian Cheesecake
- Butterscotch Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Tart
- Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
- Lime Layered Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Banana Cheesecake Cheesecake
This tart will keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, I’d really appreciate a 5-star review.
“Tart Michel” Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Tart
- 1 recipe Tart dough (chilled)
- 4 oz unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 6 oz granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 each large eggs (room temperature)
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 16 oz dark cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Roll the dough to 1/4" thick and line a 10" or 12" fluted tart pan. Prick the bottom of the tart dough all over with a fork. If the dough has softened while rolling, set the unbaked tart in the refrigerator to firm up before baking.1 recipe Tart dough
- Bake the shell until it's just beginning to take on a little color (about 12-15 minutes). Remove the tart from the oven and reduce the temperature 350°F.
- While the tart crust bakes, cream the butter with sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt until smooth. You are not trying to incorporate air into the mixture. Scrape the bowl thoroughly. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Scrape the bowl thoroughly. Add the eggs and mix just until combined.4 oz unsalted butter, 6 oz granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon table salt, 8 oz cream cheese, 2 each large eggs
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pre-baked tart shell and bake until the filing is set all the way to the center, about 15-18 minutes. The filling may puff up while it's baking, but it will settle as it cools. Transfer to a wire rack and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- While the tart is still quite warm from the oven, sprinkle the finely chopped chocolate evenly over the cheesecake filling. The heat from the tart will melt the chocolate. Do no touch the tart while the chocolate is melting.4 oz semi sweet chocolate
- Meanwhile, stem the cherries and use a small paring knife to cut each cherry in half around the wide side. Open the cherry and use your fingers to pry the pit out the the cherry.16 oz dark cherries
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, use a small offset spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the cheesecake filling. Work gently to avoid mixing the chocolate into the cheesecake.
- Before the chocolate sets, arrange the cherry halves, cut side down, in concentric circles over the tart. Chill until the filling is cold and the chocolate is set, at least 1 hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.