Cranberry Crumb Pie celebrates the gloriously tangy flavor of the indigenous American berry. The pure cranberry filling is perfectly complimented by a sweet and cinnamony brown sugar crumb topping.
Ever wonder why we rarely see recipes for all cranberry pie? Apple-Cranberry, sure. Raspberry-Cranberry, sometimes.
I adore the assertively tart flavor of cranberries and wanted to make an all-American fruit pie that featured the native American berry in all it’s tangy glory.
This pie would, of course, be the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving. But with frozen cranberries widely available, you can enjoy this lovely pie any time of the year.
Scroll through the process photos to see how to make Cranberry Pie with a crumb topping:
Hey Cranberry lover, you’ll want to try these recipes too:
- Cranberries in Red Wine
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Cranberry topping
- Cranberry Linzer Tart
- Cranberry Orange Scones
- Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread with Cranberries
- Ginger & Cranberry Biscotti
- Gingerbread Scones with Cranberry butter
If you love this recipe as much as I do, I’d really appreciate a 5-star review.
Cranberry Crumb Pie
- 5 oz all purpose flour (1 cup)
- 3 oz old fashioned rolled oats (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 oz brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- 6 oz unsalted butter (cool and slightly pliable)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Roll the pie dough to line a 9" deep dish pie pan. Crimp the edges with a fork or your fingers.
- In a large bowl toss together the cranberries, granulated sugar, corn starch, orange zest, cinnamon and ginger. Pour the cranberries into the dough-lined pie plate.16 oz fresh or frozen (defrosted) cranberries, 12 oz granulated sugar, 1 1/4 oz corn starch, 1 each orange, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl or in the bowl of a food processor. Mix to combine the ingredients or pulse a few times in the processor.5 oz all purpose flour, 3 oz old fashioned rolled oats, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 4 oz brown sugar, 2 oz granulated sugar
- Toss in the butter and mix with your fingers until the butter bits are no larger than a pea and the dough clumps together when squeezed. If working in a food processor, pulse until the butter is fully combined and the dough begins to form clumps.6 oz unsalted butter
- Crumble the topping evenly over the cranberry filling.
- Place the pie on a sheet tray and bake until golden brown and the fruit in the middle of the pie is actively bubbling – about 1 hour.
- Cool completely to set the filling before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.