Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies! The classic cookie is made even better with the addition of sourdough powder. You won’t believe the flavor of these cookies.
If you do have a starter, I’m sure you’re always looking for new ways to use your sourdough discard.
What if your starter needs a feeding but you don’t have time to bake with your discard? Don’t worrry, I can show you an incredibly easy-to-do process for drying your starter. .
After you dry your sourdough starter, you can grind it into a powder. Why pulverize dried sourdough? Powdered starter takes up less storage space and it rehydrates a little more easily. But there’s an even better reason for grinding sourdough starter.
How to make the best ever Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Add dried sourdough powder directly to the batter for an instant flavor boost.
- Sourdough powder adds a nice flavor to the cookies without the added water that comes along with regular sourdough discard.
- Cookie dough is a low moisture dough. Too much water would make the cookies soft and cakey.
- Sourdough Powder is why these Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies are wonderfully crisp and light.
Scroll through the process photos to see how to make Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Since you’ve got your starter fed, peruse the entire list of My Best Sourdough Recipes. Have fun!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, I’d really appreciate a 5-star review.
Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and aerated.8 oz unsalted butter, 4 oz granulated sugar, 8 oz brown sugar
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.2 large eggs, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add the flour, sourdough powder, baking soda and salt, mix to combine. Add the mini chocolate chips and mix until combined.10 oz all-purpose flour, 4 oz sourdough powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, 10 oz mini chocolate chips
- Use a small scoop or tablespoon to scoop the dough into balls. Set the cookie-dough balls onto the prepared pans, leaving 2" between the cookies.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are beginning the brown and the center is still soft, about 7-8 minutes. Flip and trays half way through baking to help them bake evenly.
- Cool on the pan about 5 minutes until firm enough to transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.