Got 10 minutes? Then all you need is four ingredients to make Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons. Tasty, easy, and as a bonus, gluten free!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons are the easiest cookies you can make:
So, this is just a quick little post to share a super simple cookie recipe. I threw a batch of these together for Easter because I wanted a gluten-free option on the dessert table. Some of my family members can’t eat gluten and I wanted to make sure they had a tasty dessert choice.
These are so quick to make I literally made the batter before the oven was even preheated.
I mean, the only thing better than coconut, is coconut with chocolate, right? Even non-bakers might want to try making Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons. Whip up egg whites and sugar, fold in coconut and mini chocolate chips, scoop and bake. That’s it.
The cookies bake up light and chewy. They keep for days in a cookie jar or covered container. And as I mentioned, they also happen to be gluten-free since there is no flour in the batter.
That’s it. Hope you like them. But, why wouldn’t you? Unless you’re one of those coconut haters…
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please consider giving it a 5-star rating:
- 1 bag (14 oz, 392g) sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (3 oz, 84g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (3 oz, 84g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, slowly add the sugar and whip to full peak. With the mixer running on low, add the salt and vanilla to the egg whites. Fold the coconut into the egg whites, making sure to break up any clumps. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 1 1/2" balls using a small cookie scoop or soup spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then slide a second pan under the cookies to keep the bottoms from over-browning. Bake another 10 minutes until lightly golden brown and the cookies bounce back when you squeeze gently.
- Transfer the parchment with the cookies to a cooling rack.
Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Parchment Paper Sheets (SmartGrid, Non-Stick, 22 Sheets)
Ice Cream Scoops, Cookie Scoop Set of 3, Cake Trigger Cookie Scoop Set Stainless Steel Spoon Scoopers Gift for Kids & Families - Elegant Gift Package
KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You might also like: