Dessert Pizza is a light and tasty ending to a fabulous dinner.
If you’ve never grilled pizza it will be a revelation of flavor. The smoky, lightly charred crust is completely addictive.
I love the flavor and crispy crust that I get from the charcoal, but you could make the same recipe in the oven or on the gas grill if you don’t have a charcoal grill.
I usually make savory pizza, but I decided to do a Grilled Dessert Pizza for a change.
I didn’t want something overly rich or sweet so rather than going with toppings like chocolate or marshmallows (which would be delicious, by the way-something to think about for a future post) I opted for fresh fruit and a light Greek yogurt drizzle.
I’ve created a set of detailed instructions and photos explaining how to shape pizza dough for the best texture.
It took me many years and many burnt fingers to work out my system for how to grill pizza over charcoal. I’ve got it down pat by now and am happy to pass on my hard-earned knowledge to you.
- Pizza Dough
- Butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons h
- Vanilla extract
- Greek yogurt
- mint leaves
How to make Dessert Pizza
- Arrange the fruit on the pre-cooked pizza crust
- Drizzle the fruit with the Honey Lime Butter
- Drizzle the Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce over the pizza.
I’m really happy with the results of this recipe. The crust is crisp and smoky, the fruit is lightly sweet and juicy and the Greek yogurt drizzle adds a creamy finish. It’s the prefect light ending to your summer meal.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, I’d really appreciate a 5-star review.
- ½ recipe pizza dough
Honey Lime Butter
- 2 ounces unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime (grated zest & juice)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt (1 cup)
- 3 ounces honey (1/4 cup)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon table salt
- 1 pound strawberries (washed, hulled and cut into 1/2″ chunks)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- mint leaves (chopped if they are very big)
- Make the pizza dough according to the recipe.½ recipe pizza dough
- To make the honey ime butter combine all the ingredients.2 ounces unsalted butter, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 lime, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until the pizza is ready.8 ounces Greek yogurt, 3 ounces honey, 1 lime, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ⅛ teaspoon table salt
- Combine the chopped strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar and allow to macerate for at least 30 minutes1 pound strawberries, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Shape the pizza dough and place it on a pizza peel or the back of a sheet pan heavily sprinkled with cornmeal. Grill or bake the pizza without any toppings until the top of the dough is set but still pale.
- Brush the the crust liberally with the Honey Lime Butter. Sprinkle the chopped strawberries evenly over the dough, leave excess juice in the bowl. Sprinkle the raspberries and mint leaves over the strawberries. Drizzle a little more of the Honey Lime butter over the toppings. Bake or grill the pizza just long enough to warm up the fruit, 2-5 minutes.1 cup fresh raspberries, mint leaves
- Remove the pizza from the grill or oven with a wooden pizza peel once the bottom is browned and the toppings are warm.
- Serve the pizza drizzled with Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.