Edible cookie dough pops are a no-bake treat the entire family will love. I decorated my cookie pops with white chocolate and colorful sprinkles. But you can use your imagination to decorate them however you wish.
Hi, I’m Emma K. I’m 12 years old and I LOVE to bake. I had so much fun making these cookie dough pops and they came out great.
I hope you like them too.
Scroll through the process photos to see how to make Cookie Dough Pops:
Is Edible Cookie Dough Safe to Eat?
Yes. Because there are no eggs in the dough and the flour is heated to 165°F to kill any bacteria.
You can eat edible cookie dough without baking or cooking the dough and it’s perfectly safe.
Tips for making Edible Cookie Dough Pops:
- Make sure to heat the flour so you don’t get sick or poison your family.
- Dip the sticks in melted chocolate before placing them in the dough balls. This will keep the sticks in place while you dip the pops.
- Chill the dough before dipping in the chocolate so it sets right away.
- There are lots of other ways to decorate cookie dough pops. You can dip them in dark chocolate or milk chocolate and cover them with mini chocolate chips or any kind of sprinkles.
- You can dye the white chocolate to make them any color you’d like.
- Keep the chocolate coating thin so the sprinkles don’t drip off.
- You can store the cookie dough pops in the refrigerator for a couple of days or in the freezer for up to a month.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, I’d really appreciate a 5-star review.
- 1 cup (5 oz, 140g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (4 oz, 115g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (3 oz, 60g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz, 115g) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (10 oz, 280g) mini chocolate chips
- 12 oz white chocolate, melted
- Sprinkles for Decoration (optional)
- 24 Lollipop Sticks
- Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the flour for 30 seconds. Check the temperature of the flour. It should be at least 165°F. If not, microwave for 10 second increments until the temp is reached. Sift the flour into a small bowl to remove lumps and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cream the butter with the granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the cooled flour and mix to combine. Add the mini chocolate chips.
- Use the scooper or a tablespoon to make 24 1.5" balls. Place the cookie balls on a parchment lined tray. Dip each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate then place the stick into a cookie ball. Continue placing sticks into the rest of the cookie balls.
- Slide the tray into the freezer for half an hour to firm the dough before dipping.
- If the white chocolate has set, warm it up again before dipping. Dip a pop into the white chocolate and allow the excess to drip back into the bowl. You want a nice thin coating of chocolate.
- Decorate with sprinkles before the chocolate sets and stick the pops upright into the styrofoam block until the coating is set.
- Eat the pops chilled or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.