Today the #SundaySupper taste-makers are celebrating the arrival of spring. I made this Asparagus & Goat Cheese Tart because, to me, nothing says “spring” like beautiful fresh asparagus.
The best way to store asparagus is to trim the bottoms off of the stems then place them in a glass of water, just like you’d do with a bouquet of flowers. Place the glass in the refrigerator if you have room. Since I was using mine within a day I just kept them on the kitchen counter.
This tart is super easy to make and looks very elegant on the table. The whole thing comes together quickly and bakes in a matter of minutes.
The base of the tart is a buttery, flaky pie crust. My recipe for pie crust is easy to make and very easy to handle. If you have a favorite recipe of course you can use that, or use a store-bought crust if that’s your preference.
I baked this tart in a beautiful rectangular tart pan. I like the way the asparagus tips look all lined up in the pan. I laid the spears out with the tips alternating to either side to fit as many in the pan as possible. I used the bottoms of the spears to make Asparagus Soup. Waste not, want not!
Try to get thin and tender spears for this dish so they can cook through while the tart bakes. If the spears you use are very thick you might want to briefly steam them to get them partially cooked before putting them on the tart.
The balsamic glaze adds a sweet richness at the end and works well with the earthy goat cheese filling.
This Asparagus & Goat Cheese Tart would be the perfect starter for a springtime dinner party. It could also be served as a light lunch, or for brunch with a couple of poached eggs on the side and maybe a few prosciutto crisps. Serve it warm or at room temperature.
Special Equipment Used: 14″x5″ Rectangular Removable Bottom Tart Pan
Thanks to Renee Pajestka from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures for hosting this week’s #SundaySupper. Check out these other delicious springtime dishes from the Sunday Supper taste-makers.
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Levantine Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta by Family Foodie
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.