Hi, I’m Eileen, full-time blogger, cookbook writer and trained pastry chef.
While those titles describe my job, honestly, first and foremost I think of myself as a baker.
I’ve been a baker for as long as I can remember, literally. One of my earliest and fondest memories is playing with my Easy Bake Oven, staring into the little window, waiting an eternity for those tiny cakes to be baked under a 100 watt light bulb.
I started my working life as a systems analyst for a computer company, but realized pretty soon that I belonged in the kitchen. So I quit my job and enrolled in pastry school. I graduated with high honors and was chosen valedictorian by my chef instructors. After graduation I worked in fine dining restaurants, at a wholesale bakery, for a luxury hotel, at a retail bakery and even for a British tea shop.
From 2007-2017 I was the owner and operator of an award-winning custom cake bakery (Cake Art Studio). My cakes were featured in regional and national cake decorating and bridal magazines.
I also have a BA in English and have written articles for a local newspaper, for American Cake Decorating Magazine and I’m a regular contributor to Parade.com.
In 2018 my first cookbook, Easy Baking From Scratch, was published.
About Baking Sense:
I have always loved teaching people how to bake. I am a firm believer that, with a little guidance and a good recipe, anyone can bake from scratch. As I always say, “baking is an art and a science but it’s not rocket science”.
I don’t consider Baking Sense just a collection of recipes. This blog is a teaching tool which allows me to share my years of kitchen experience and my recipes with home bakers at every skill level.
If you’re a seasoned and confident baker I can’t wait for you to try my recipes. If you’re new to baking, I hope I can help you develop your own “Baking Sense”.
- Are all the recipes posted on Baking Sense your own creations?
- Yes, unless specifically noted, the recipes are my own creations.
- Can I re-post one of your recipes?
- Every one of my recipes is the result of years of trial and error and many, many hours in the kitchen. If you use one of my recipes on your own website I ask that you don’t post the entire recipe and that you give me the proper credit and link back to the original recipe
- Do you take the photos of the recipes yourself?
- Can I re-post one of your photos?
- That would be great, but I ask that you give me proper credit and link back to the original photo/recipe.
- Will you write a post about…?
- If you’d like to learn about a specific baking topic or recipe please send me an email and I’ll try to accommodate your request, if possible.