Pumpkin bread doesn’t have to be sweet. This Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread with Garlic & Sage is a super-savory and super-tasty treat that would be right at home on your holiday table.
Today the #BreadBakers are sharing our favorite “pull apart” breads. I love this theme because, to tell you the truth, I’d never made a pull apart bread before. Somehow, I just never got around to it.
I wanted to do a savory rather than sweet bread since I do so many sweet recipes. I happened to have some pumpkin puree left over in the fridge from making pumpkin ganache filling for my Gingerbread Cookies. So, pumpkin it would be.
I think winter squash and sage are just natural flavor partners. They go together like tomatoes & basil or chocolate & orange.
When we get winter squash in our farm share I always make squash lasagna with lots of sage, garlic & Parmesan cheese. Another favorite is butternut squash risotto with, you guessed it, lots of sage & Parmesan cheese.
So as soon as I decided to go savory with the pumpkin bread I’d already decided on the flavor profile.
The recipe for the bread dough was inspired by my experiments for Zucchini Yeast Bread. Although the yogurt didn’t quite work with the zucchini puree, I liked the flavor and richness from yogurt and wanted to try it again in a future bread recipe. Well, the future is now! Greek yogurt is a great compliment to the pumpkin puree in this bread.
This bread is soft and luscious with a bold flavor from the garlicky sage pesto. I love it!
Watch this slideshow to see how to make Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread with Garlic & Sage:
You might also like:
A big “Thank You!” to Kelly from Passion Kneaded for hosting today’s event. Check out these fun pull apart breads from my fellow #BreadBakers:
- Apple Pecan Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Bananas Foster Monkey Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread from Spill the Spices
- Christmas Tree Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Chrysanthemum Bread from Ambrosia
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Coffee Pull-Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Coriander Garlic Pull Apart Bread from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Cranberry Chutney Pull Apart Bread from Spiceroots
- Garlic Pull Apart Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Laadi Pav or Pull Apart Rolls from Sneha’s Recipe
- Overnight Monkey Bread Pudding from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Paneer Pesto Pull Apart Rolls from Veena’s Vegnation
- Pull-Apart Dill Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin, Garlic, and Sage Pull Apart Bread from Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull-Apart Bread from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Savory Breakfast Monkey Bread from Sonlicious
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.