What could be better on a warm summer evening than Pulled Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa? These tacos are bursting with flavor and are really easy to make ahead.
I’m so excited that the #SundaySupper tastemakers are celebrating one of my all time favorite foods, summer peaches! In my opinion summer peaches are best just eaten as they are in all their juicy glory, but I also love making peach pie and other fabulous desserts when peaches are in season.
Much as I love a good peach dessert, for today’s #SundaySupper event I wanted to show off how well peaches can work in a savory dish. So I created this recipe for Pulled Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa. I’ve made this recipe before using pineapple instead of peach. Both taste great, but I do think the sweet tart flavor of a really great peach pairs perfectly with rich and smoky pulled pork.
The pork is first slow-cooked in a sauce made with one of my go-to ingredients, Chipotles in Adobo. The smoky flavor of the chiles is just right for the pulled pork and the chipotles have a subtle heat that doesn’t overwhelm the flavors in the dish.
If you’ve never grilled fruit I can’t wait for you to try this Grilled Peach Salsa. Grilling the fruit gets the juices flowing and highlights the sweetness of the fruit. I grill all the vegetables for the salsa. I also add a hint of honey and cumin to the salsa and just a pinch of dried Epazote. Epazote is an herb used in Mexican cuisine for it’s slightly tangy flavor. Be careful when you use it, a little goes a long way. You can use dried oregano in place of the Epazote. I make a big bowl of salsa and it does double duty as both a side salad and as a condiment on the tacos.
It’s very easy to work ahead to make these Pulled Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa. The pork can be slow roasted the day before and kept in the refrigerator over night. I made my own corn tortillas earlier in the day and reheated them on the grill while the meat was grilling. Of course you can buy packaged tortillas. But if you want to try making your own they’re pretty easy to make. You’ll need to get a bag of corn masa to make the dough and the only special equipment needed in a tortilla press.
The salsa can be made several hours before you’re ready to serve or even the day before. The only thing left to do to get dinner on the table is to grill the pork and warm up the tortillas.
Thanks for Sue Lau of A Palatable Pastime for hosting today’s event. Check out these other peach-a-licious recipes!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.