Hi, I’m Eileen. I’ve been a professional pastry chef for over 25 years, but I’ve been a baker for as long as I can remember, literally. One of my earliest and fondest memories is playing with my Easy Bake Oven–staring into the little window, waiting an eternity for those tiny cakes to be baked under a 100 watt light bulb.
I started my working life as a systems analyst for a computer company, but realized pretty soon that I belonged in the kitchen. So I enrolled in pastry school. After graduation I worked in fine dining restaurants, at a wholesale bakery, for a luxury hotel, at a retail bakery and even for a British tea shop. I also have a BA in English and have written articles for a local paper and for American Cake Decorating Magazine. From 2007-2017 I was the owner and operator of an award-winning custom cake bakery (Cake Art Studio).
About My Blog:
When I baked for business I worked with recipes and equipment on a professional scale; 20 quart mixers, 50 pound sacks of flour, cases of eggs, and pounds and pounds of butter. When I bake at home I work with the same recipes that I developed and perfected over 25 years, but scaled down for my home kitchen. I started this blog to share these recipes and techniques with people who love to bake as much as I do. If you’re a seasoned and confident baker I can’t wait for you to try my recipes. If you’re new to baking, I hope I can help you develop your own “Baking Sense”.
- Are all the recipes posted on Baking Sense your own creations?
- Yes, unless specifically noted, the recipes are my own creations.
- Can I re-post one of your recipes?
- Sure, but since every one of my recipes is the result of years of trial and error and many, many hours in the kitchen I ask that if you post the recipe you give me the proper credit and link back to the original recipe
- Do you take the photos of the recipes yourself?
- Can I re-post one of your photos?
- That would be great, but I ask that you give me proper credit and link back to the original photo
- Will you write a post about…?
- If you’d like to learn about a specific baking topic or recipe please send me an email and I’ll try to accommodate your request, if possible.